Holistic Hemp Scotland grow their Hemp on small artisan farms in the EU using a bio-dynamic, organic growing process, without the use of pesticides or artificial fertilisers and if that isn’t good enough I was having a dig around their website and found out that they sell Hemp Construction materials to use as a natural and non-toxic insulation for attics, floors, basements, roofs and walls! How cool?!Their HHS Binder Mix developed by a world-leading expert in hemp construction is a unique material made entirely from three natural components: hemp, hydrated lime-based binder and water and is free from cement and toxic chemicals.
It can be used to insulate an entire building, including:
- New walls with wooden frame already installed
- Floor insulation
- Roof insulation
- Interstitial space insulation
- Insulation of existing walls
- Attic insulation
- Basement insulation
- Natural “free” humidity and temperature regulation inside the home
- Year round savings on heating and electricity bills
- High thermal resistance values
- Ventilation system is not needed in vapor permeable wall
- Creating an alkaline environment, raising PH-level, improving air quality
- No toxic materials
- Protection from fungus and rodents
- Non-flammable material, no smoke
- Excluding use of vapor and hydro barriers
Visit the Holistic Hemp Scotland Website HERE to get a quote
The Hempcrete Book is a detailed practical manual for architects, surveyors, professional builders and self-builders. It explains how to source and mix hempcrete and how to use it in new builds and restoration.
Holistic Hemp Scotland are a trusted U.K seller of CBD and Hemp products. Click on the shop logo above to check out the different range of products on offer.